Confidence Level : Going There

Tuesday, July 31, 2012


So I was searching for a good sketch background for my tumblr blog when I suddenly come across with this sketch fashion styles and dresses. I was so hype to see these. The BW sketches are casual clothes and the colored one was obviously for formal occasions and events. As I run through these sketches, I noticed that these clothes suits my style, especially the first bw photo with three different style of clothes. I really like wearing pants at the same time I really wanted to try wearing dresses or pairing up different clothes to see if the pairing comes up well.  I'm really a casual person, especially in terms of clothes. I usually prefer comfort over fashion but still I wanted to try something new, especially of course now that I'm in college I should look more mature, presentable but still decent.

I just wish that the society should lower their expectations to people or to girls like me. Like I said, I wanna try wearing shorts (not short shorts but presentable/decent shorts) or tokong, skirts (not mini skirts but decent skirts) or even dresses without having

thoughts and doubts on what other people will say when they see me, what other people will say about my legs if they see them. To be honest, I really don't have those flawless legs, When I think about the people who have them, My self-confidence goes down a bit. Other people judge other people on what they see from their physical appearance and doesn't bother to care anymore on what is inside that person. I can't wear shorts or dresses on a casual gathering without feeling uneasy because one person or two , just by looking at me from head to toe will surely judge me from what they see outside.

I kept having flashbacks from the past when my classmates and friends tease me.. "yuckk. ang dami mong peklat. ang panget panget. " , "kadiri tignan.", "mahiya ka naman. wag mo nang ipakita yan. kadiri" . From that day on, I swear that I won't wear anything but pants on casual gatherings and jogging pants/ pajama at home. My confidence level was way low after that happened. I was even scared to join contests to think that the costumes are gonna be shorts or skirts. I remember this event, Senior year in Highschool. I was chosen of one of the participants for the cotillion something for our Junior and Senior Prom. I feel flattered because I was one of the chosen participants in this event even though I'm not good in dancing but still, They said that the costume is gonna be something short or as they call it.. something sexy. I remember my past experience, It just came to me and I refuse to participate. I didn't tell my adviser what is the real reason behind but I just told her that due to financial family issues, I can't participate. I felt sad about it but that didn't stop me to have a fun and awesome JS Prom. Thanks to my Promdate. *wink*

As I develop my confidence through Highschool years, there was a time that I did wear shorts at home and suddenly my brother ask me.. " Ate bakit ang puti ng legs mo? Hindi pantay sa kulay ng arms mo pati yung tuhod mo?" I was pretty shocked too. My legs seems more fair than my knees and arms. Hahaha. Now, if you would look at my legs, It's a color disaster plus the fact that I have skin issues. -.-' I kept looking for a way to boost up my confidence regarding the issues I have with my legs. I keep on thinking if there will be a day, where I can wear a simple dress to a simple gathering where no one cares if I have scars on my legs as long as I have a great personality and a good attitude. Still waiting for that day up until now.

To conclude: I am happy because I was able to open up this issue of mine here in my very own sanctuary.

Credits to the photos:
http://justpaperdreams.tumblr.com/post/11149711071/http-lookbook-nu... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments